Student Pastor Job Discription
First Baptist Church of Owensville
We are looking for a full-time Christian leader with a passion and commitment for discipling students with the gospel of Jesus Christ. The candidate must relate well with students, parents, and adult volunteers who are serving on both the Youth Team and Children’s Team.
- Lead the church’s efforts to minister with and to students from 5th grade through college/career, with an emphasis on grades 6 – 12.
- Reach out to unchurched students in the community, engage them with the gospel, and seek to involve them in church activities.
- Recruit, develop, and organize volunteers for the church’s student ministry.
- In consultation with other student leaders and senior church leadership, develop an annual budget for the student ministry and operate within the limits of that budget.
- Take into consideration the full counsel of God’s Word toward the spiritual, physical, emotional, and mental needs of the students in the church.
- Oversee the student Sunday School program and lead/teach all Wednesday night student activities with conviction, compassion, and care.
- Welcome, encourage, care for, and communicate with students and their families.
- Be active and visible with students in their extra-curricular activities.
- Establish a long-term vision and strategic plan for how the church engages students.
- Regularly report to the church pastoral leadership about developments in the student ministry.
- Regularly lead the students in short-term missions experiences and other activities.
- Work with other church leaders to find ministry opportunities for students within the broader church family.
- Participate in all staff meetings and activities.
- Participate in both Sunday morning worship services under the direction of the Senior Pastor.
- A bachelor’s degree.
- Previous ministry experience is preferred.
- A lifestyle consistent with the biblical requirements for pastors/leaders (1 Tim. 3:1-13; 2 Tim. 2; Titus 1:5-9).
- A calling to pastoral ministry
- A commitment to the mission and purpose of the local church.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to pass a background check.
- CDL certified, or a willingness to obtain.